Born and raised in Los Angeles, California. Started as a kid drawing and painting and taking art lessons. Attended the California State Summer School for the Arts program while in high school. Then attended Cal Poly San Luis Obispo for a Bachelor of Science degree in Applied Art and Design.
Bernard attended The New York Academy of Art for a Masters in Painting. Currently Bernard is plein-air painting at Central Park or painting city scapes in New York City. Bernard has his studio in Brooklyn, New York.
- New York Academy of Art, Master of Fine Arts 2015
- Concentration: Painting - Track: Anatomy
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA, Bachelor of Science, 1996
- Major: Graphic Design - Minor: Theater
- New York Academy of Art, New York, NYFall 2019 Teaching Assistant Artist John Wellington, Painting II
- 2015-Present Teaching & Studio AssistantArtist Steven Assael, Painting III
- Spring 2016-Present Teaching AssistantArtist Roberto Osti, Anatomy II
- Fall 2015-Present Teaching AssistantArtist John Horn, Anatomy I
- Summer 2017, 2018 Teaching AssistantArtist Alyssa Monks, Painting workshop
- Fall 2015 Teaching AssistantArtist Dik Liu, Painting I
- YAY Maker.com (PaintNite.com) 9/13-Present. Teach large art classes around New York City
- UncorktheArtist.com 2012-2013. Teach large art classes around New York City.
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, CA 2000, 2005 Teaching Assistant, Beginning Figure Drawing Classes Assisted with drawing sessions for professor Robert Densham. Helped students understand the fundamentals of figure drawing.
Used demonstrations to samples to deliver objectives.
- Linn Benton Community College, Corvallis, OR 1999-2000, 2005-2006 Instructor, Figure drawing.
Prepared and led beginner figure drawing classes.
2008-2009 Technical/Digital Illustrator Impact Learning Systems, San Luis Obispo, CA.
Vector line art Created illustrations and graphics for online program.
1995-2012 Freelance Illustrator Provide illustrations for book covers, products, logos,
instruction manuals, online training programs, charts, diagrams, and annual reports.
- New York Academy of Art, 2014: Two-day portrait painting workshop with Dan Thompson.
- New York Academy of Art, 2013: Five-day still life painting workshop with Leah Lopez.
- Los Angeles Academy of Figurative Art, 2007: Five-day portrait & oil painting workshop with Sean Cheetham.
- Andreeva Portrait Academy, 2007: Still life painting workshop.
- 2015 Flowers Gallery, Chelsea New York, NYAA Summer Group Exhibition.
- 2015 MFA Thesis Exhibition, New York Academy of Art. Group Exhibition.
- 1999 Pegasus Gallery, Oregon. Landscape drawings, Solo Exhibition.
AWARDS & HONORS
- 2015 New York Academy of Art. Portrait Scholarship.
- 2013 Inside Angles Gallery. Toledo, Ohio. Portrait, Honorable Mention.